Richards Rock Academy bands Remain Nameless, Pariadin, Stix n Pix, and 9th Spectrum played an awesome show at Rock and Roll After School in Collegeville. I'm so proud of how well the students played - they NAILED their parts! They tackled songs that many adult bands would be intimidated by. All of the bands from the rock schools that joined together to make this show happen played very well and put on a great show, including the band Rain Check from Rockdale Music and the Supergroup from Rock and Roll After School.
We had several students absent due to this date being a tough time of the year for scheduling busy families, so I got to fill in on drums and lead guitar and had a blast! Playing with these students is just like playing with a professional band. We had a few students sub on guitar and vocals, learning the songs in only a few days and played/sang them dead-on. It was amazing to watch them jump in and tackle these songs so quickly.
Our set list included:
- Scars by Papa Roach
- Numb by Linkin Park
- Brain Stew by Green Day
- Man in the Box by Alice in Chains
- Lithium by Nirvana
Stix n Pix
- Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin
- When You Were Young by The Killers
- School's Out by Alice Cooper
- Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne
- Eleanor Rigby by Letters From the Fire cover version
- In Due Time by Killswitch Engage
- Would? by Alice in Chains
- Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas
- Can You Feel My Heart by Bring Me the Horizon
Next stop JC Dobbs on South Street!